Application Deadline: Friday, August 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM (CST)
What is ExporTech™?
ExporTech™ is a national export assistance program that applies a structured export strategy development process to help companies enter or expand in global markets. The program assists participating companies to develop an international growth plan and connects them with experts to help them move quickly beyond planning to actual export sales. It combines innovative group sessions − customized to the learning needs of participants − with individualized coaching.
This cohort is organized by the International Trade Center – Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC, in partnership with the International Trade Center – Illinois SBDC at College of DuPage, the Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center (IMEC), State of Illinois DCEO Office of Trade and Investment, the U.S. Commercial Service, and the Illinois District Export Council (DEC).
What is unique about ExporTech™?
It is the only national program where each company develops a written export plan that is vetted by a panel of experts upon completion. ExporTech™ efficiently connects companies with a wide range of world-class experts to help navigate the export sales process. The result is that companies rapidly expand global sales and save countless hours of effort.
Benefits for participating companies
ExporTech™ is an intensive process delivering concrete benefits beyond traditional export education and training. Companies that have gone through the ExporTech™ program report significant impacts to their bottom lines:
- On average, participating companies generate $500,000 – $700,000 in new export sales.
- Many companies generate export sales within 6 months of completing the program.
- The average participant reported cost and investment savings of $91,000.
- The average company created 5 new jobs.
- Small and mid-size manufacturers in Illinois that are looking to expand their global sales.
- Be already engaged in export activities or be export-ready with an established domestic presence and a known demand from foreign buyers.
Schedule: Dates & Time Commitment
- This cohort will start on August 30 via Zoom, and end on November 9. It implies a time commitment of 4 consecutive business days, for 2 hours each day, August 30 – September 2 and October 4 – 7. The meeting times are from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- For the final session, you will be assigned a one-hour time slot on either November 8 or 9 to present your export plan. In between the group sessions, you will engage in one-on-one counseling sessions with international trade advisors who will assist you in developing your export plan.
- Enrollment is limited to a maximum of 6 companies and allows for 2 company representatives from your executive leadership (I.e., CEO/President, COO, CFO, VP of International Sales, Marketing, or Business Development) to attend.
- Virtual, via Zoom.
Requirements to Participate
- Internet connection
- User-level knowledge of Zoom, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe PDF (if you do not know how to use or do not have access to any of this software, please let us know in the form and we will assist you)
- This application will be used to select a group of program participants. Selection will be made on the basis of a) fit with the program objectives, which is aimed at helping companies become more proactive and aggressive in pursuing international growth; and b) the company’s commitment of management time to the program. In addition, direct competitors will not be invited to participate in the same round. Completing this form does not imply immediate acceptance to the program.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Friday, August 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM (CST)
- The total program cost is over $5,000 per company; however, due to CARES Act funding, we are able to offer this program at no cost to your company.
- Mariel Huasanga – SBDC & ITC Director, Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC
- Jean Lin – Program Manager, International Trade Center, Illinois SBDC at College of DuPage
- Upon graduation from the program, companies will receive a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Mariel Huasanga at email@example.com.
Fall 2021 Cohort:
Summer 2021 Cohort: