- This event has passed.
SBDC Webinar: Writing a Business Plan
May 9 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
One event on February 15, 2022 at 10:00 AM
One event on March 10, 2022 at 2:00 PM
One event on April 12, 2022 at 10:00 AM
One event on May 9, 2022 at 2:00 PM
One event on June 17, 2022 at 10:00 AM
Presented By: Mariel Huasanga, Director of the Illinois Small Business Development Center at Champaign County EDC
Why do you need a business plan? It’s your playbook! In this webinar, we will discuss the key points of business planning. Developing your business plan should be a process, not a task. It should be a dynamic document that evolves with your business. A feasible business plan with strong financial projections will be required by any external source of funding such as lenders.
During this workshop, we will present the elements of a Traditional Business Plan and introduce you to the concept of Lean Business Planning, a one-page business plan focused on defining your business’ strategy, tactics, milestones, metrics, and assumptions.
The webinar will be approximately 45 minutes of presentation time followed by Q&A. Participants will be able to ask questions in the chat box, which will be addressed at the end of the presentation, moderated by a member of our team.
- Importance of Business Planning
- Traditional vs Lean Business Planning
- Traditional Business Plan: Elements and Use
- Introduction to Lean Business Planning
- Creating a Lean Business Plan Step by Step
- Business Plan Financials Simplified
Dates / Times:
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022: 2 – 3 PM https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OURUlX6RTvaVW5kP5QzPFw
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022: 10 – 11 AM https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JRWwsjn4QTm3CuembJRHTg
- Thursday, March 10, 2022: 2 – 3 PM https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_M8oK-IruTWmPSyrT–d0cg
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022: 10 – 11 AM https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Bh_4dMDqQ_mpJzmJ97GglQ
- Monday, May 9, 2022: 2 – 3 PM https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PKwS3QfJT5OAWB97w10EdQ
- Friday, June 17, 2022: 10 – 11 AM https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9PRHU67tTc-uDKyERqFTYA
*After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
PLEASE NOTE: this webinar will be recorded and may be shared publicly. By registering for this webinar, you understand that your questions or comments shared during the webinar will be recorded and shared in a public domain.