- This event has passed.
SBDC Webinar: SBA’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
April 2 @ 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
One event on April 6, 2021 at 10:30 AM
This grant provides emergency assistance for eligible venues affected by COVID-19.
This webinar, led by SBDC Director Don Elmore, will cover details about the SBA’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program. Presented in partnership with Visit Champaign County, the webinar will cover an overview of the program, who is eligible, what you’ll need to apply, how to apply, and more. Following the presentation, there will be an opportunity for Q&A.
The SBA’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program was established by the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, and amended by the American Rescue Plan Act. The program includes over $16 billion in grants to shuttered venues, to be administered by SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance. Eligible applicants may qualify for grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion is reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full-time employees. SBA will open their portal to begin accepting applications on Thursday, April 8, 2021.
Eligible entities include:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives
- Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
Other requirements of note:
- Must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020
- Venue or promoter who received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020, will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount
As the SBA builds and prepares to open the program, visit their dedicated website (www.sba.gov/svogrant) to learn more, which includes frequently asked questions, video tutorials and other SVOG details. To prepare in advance of the SVOG application portal opening on April 8, potential applicants should get registered in the federal government’s System for Award Management (SAM.gov), as this is required for an entity to receive an SVOG.
PLEASE NOTE: this webinar will be recorded and may be shared publicly. By registering for this webinar, you understand that your questions or comments shared during the webinar will be recorded and shared in a public domain.
Dates / Times:
- Friday, April 2, 2021: 9-10 AM: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ll_1Ng9_QTK7P9e5edmleA
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021: 10:30 – 11:30 AM: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QvxEQmyfTG26Lf31PS-M8w
*After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Looking for one-on-one assistance with your application? Request free & confidential assistance by emailing the Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC at email@example.com.