- This event has passed.
SBDC Workshop: Introduction to QuickBooks (Desktop)
January 9 @ 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
One event on March 19, 2020 at 1:00pm
One event on May 13, 2020 at 8:30am
Gain a better understanding of QuickBooks accounting software for your own business or your employer’s company with this class, which is geared towards those who are new to or just starting out with QuickBooks. The session will focus on:
- Setting Up a Company File – create, open, modify, and update
- Getting Around in QuickBooks – basic concepts, forms, lists, items, journal entry, etc.
- Chart of Accounts – account names and numbers, types of accounts, working with registers, etc.
- Working with Items – types of items, creating new items, using inventory items, etc.
- Working with Customers – customer center
- Selling – sales forms, invoices, statement charges, billing statements, etc.
- Receiving Payments – sales receipts, recording deposits, etc.
- Working with Vendors – vendor center, creating new vendors, etc.
- Entering Bills – enter an item bill, creating a purchase order, etc.
- Paying Bills – how to pay bills, writing a check, etc.
- Banking – opening and entering payments, entering credit card charges, etc.
- Analyzing Financial Statements – create and customize P&L reports, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Setting Up Sales Tax – add sales tax, group single sales tax, etc.
This is designed for users who have less than six months of experience working with QuickBooks Desktop Version. We will also cover the accounting basics that serve as a foundation to operate the software correctly.
Dates / times:
- Thursday, January 9, 2020: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Thursday, March 19, 2020: 1 – 5 PM
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
All workshops will take place at:
Illinois Small Business Development Center at Champaign County EDC
1817 S. Neil Street, Suite 100, Champaign, IL 61820
*Our office is located in the Illinois Plaza, next door to Lodgic. Free parking is available.
RSVP: Free to attend, registration required to secure a spot. Materials will be provided. RSVP below, call 217-378-8535, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are encouraged to bring your computer with you (wifi is available). This class does not cover the cloud/online version of QuickBooks. The session will be led by Mariel Huasanga, a certified QuickBooks instructor.