- This event has passed.
SBDC Webinar: Introduction to QuickBooks (Desktop)
March 19 @ 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Gain a better understanding of QuickBooks accounting software for your own business or your employer’s company with this class, which is geared towards those who are new to or just starting out with QuickBooks. The session will focus on:
- Setting Up a Company File – create, open, modify, and update
- Getting Around in QuickBooks – basic concepts, forms, lists, items, journal entry, etc.
- Chart of Accounts – account names and numbers, types of accounts, working with registers, etc.
- Working with Items – types of items, creating new items, using inventory items, etc.
- Working with Customers – customer center
- Selling – sales forms, invoices, statement charges, billing statements, etc.
- Receiving Payments – sales receipts, recording deposits, etc.
- Working with Vendors – vendor center, creating new vendors, etc.
- Entering Bills – enter an item bill, creating a purchase order, etc.
- Paying Bills – how to pay bills, writing a check, etc.
- Banking – opening and entering payments, entering credit card charges, etc.
- Analyzing Financial Statements – create and customize P&L reports, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Setting Up Sales Tax – add sales tax, group single sales tax, etc.
This is designed for users who have less than six months of experience working with QuickBooks Desktop Version. We will also cover the accounting basics that serve as a foundation to operate the software correctly.
Dates / times:
- Thursday, January 9, 2020: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Thursday, March 19, 2020: 1 – 5 PM – WEBINAR
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
RSVP: Free to attend – registration is required to secure a spot. RSVP below, call 217-378-8535, or email email@example.com. Webinar instructions will be sent out closer to the date.