- This event has passed.
SBDC Workshop: Introduction to QuickBooks (Desktop 2019) – Session 1
March 20 @ 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Celebrating SBDC Day – https://americassbdc.org/sbdcday/
Gain a better understanding of QuickBooks accounting software for your own business or your employer’s company with this class, which is geared towards those who are new to or just starting out with QuickBooks. Session 1 will focus on:
- Setting Up a Company File – create, open, modify, and update
- Getting Around in QuickBooks – basic concepts, forms, lists, items, journal entry, etc.
- Chart of Accounts – account names and numbers, types of accounts, working with registers, etc.
- Working with Items – types of items, creating new items, using inventory items, etc.
- Working with Customers – customer center
- Selling – sales forms, invoices, statement charges, billing statements, etc.
- Receiving Payments – sales receipts, recording deposits, etc.
This is designed for users who have less than six months of experience working with QuickBooks Desktop Version. We will also cover the accounting basics that serve as a foundation to operate the software correctly. Each session will last 2.5 hours, which includes time for questions.
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Time: 11 AM – 1:30 PM
Location: Illinois Small Business Development Center at Champaign County EDC – 1817 S. Neil Street, Suite 100, Champaign, IL 61820
RSVP: Free to attend, registration required to secure a spot. Lunch and materials will be provided. RSVP below, call 217-378-8535, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are encouraged to bring your computer with you (wifi is available). This class does not cover the cloud/online version of QuickBooks. Attendees will receive a special discount offer from QuickBooks.
The session will be led by Mariel Huasanga, a certified QuickBooks instructor