- This event has passed.
Export Assistance and Leveraged Programs Under the CARES Act for Small Businesses in Illinois
November 10 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Jean Lin – Program Manager, International Trade Center (Illinois SBDC at College of DuPage)
Mariel Huasanga – Director, International Trade Center (Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC)
This presentation will cover the benefits and opportunities of exporting and how Illinois SBDC’s International Trade Centers can assist in taking advantage of them. Furthermore, we will discuss State and Federal trade promotion and export funding programs available including the Illinois State Export Promotion grant program (ISTEP).
- Benefits and opportunities of exporting
- Illinois SBDC’s International Trade Centers’ program and services
- Trade promotion programs
- U.S. Commercial Service
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service
- Illinois DCEO-Office of Trade and Investment – ISTEP
- Upcoming international trade show opportunities
- Export funding programs
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Export Loans
- EXIM Bank financing and insurance programs
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Time: 12 – 1 PM
About the presenters:
- Mariel Huasanga is a Certified Global Business Professional by NASBITE and a seasoned exporter. Mariel has received certifications in international logistics and international market intelligence and founded two successful companies – a chemical/textile consulting firm and a biotechnological/chemical business. Mariel is multilingual and has a vast experience assisting exporters in entering and expanding their operations in South America, Central America, Asia and Europe. Mariel’s clients have been recognized by the State of Illinois Governor’s Export Awards, Mid-America Trade Summit, the U.S. Small Business Administration and America’s SBDC.
- Jean Lin is a Certified Global Business Professional. With years of international business experience in multiple markets, she brings valuable trade knowledge and diverse cultural insight to the table. Her background includes export strategic planning, product development, and distributor management. She is bi-lingual and a strong supporter of all clients striving for success bringing business internationally.
University of Illinois Extension provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. For reasonable accommodation, please contact Mike Delany at email@example.com.